Coming to you from the Edmonton Real Estate Forum, today’s guest is Michael Smith. He is the Senior Vice President of Western Canada for ONE Properties. The company was founded in 1987 and focuses its efforts on real estate that makes a difference in peoples’ lives.
Michael started his real estate career in Toronto but moved to Edmonton when the right opportunity arose. He talks in-depth about the projects that ONE is involved with in Edmonton while commenting on the real estate market in Alberta.
Topics covered include:
- Why Michael has always found real estate interesting.
- The decision to join ONE Properties.
- The enormous ICE District project.
- Rebranding from WAM to ONE and how the new name was chosen.
- The projected timeline of the Rogers Place project.
- Going through the process of planning the Stantec Tower.
- Starting a new rental property in Calgary at an inopportune time.
- The question you have to ask when undertaking a project in Alberta.
- How much risk ONE is comfortable taking on.
- The next development projects for ONE.