Podcast: The Strength of a Great Platform with Peter Senst of CBRE
Peter Senst is the President of Canadian Capital Markets at CBRE, as well as a board member of CBRE Canada. He has transacted over $100 billion in real estate and joins today’s episode at the Land & Development Conference in Toronto.
Having completed several very large deals, Peter shares these experiences including Scotia Plaza, which was valued at $1.3 billion. Peter also advocates for why the Canadian market is great to invest in for people in other countries.
Topics covered include:
- The first deal that Peter completed and how it shaped his career.
- Peter’s journey towards doing deals that are upwards of $1 billion.
- Why CBRE is selected over its competitors.
- Scotia Plaza, the largest single asset sale in Canadian history.
- The global expansion of the Canadian real estate market.
- Yield in Canada compared to other countries.
- Countries that are investing more and more in Canadian real estate.
- Peter’s proudest moments in his career.
- The biggest challenge Peter faced in his career and how he overcame it.
- When Peter realized that the 90s downturn was coming to an end.
- The asset classes that Peter thinks are going to out-perform
- Investing in people at CBRE.
- Where Peter wants to bring his career next.