Credit Security Plan - Mortgage life insurance
Help protect your family’s financial security
The financial investment that you’ve made in your mortgage has allowed you to create a home for you and your family. It’s an important financial responsibility. And it’s one that could affect your family’s financial security if something happens to you.
But you can be prepared, and First National can help. Credit Security Plan life insurance, underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, can help you protect your most important financial investment. If something happens to you, your family can have the security of a mortgage-free home.
- Coverage for the amount owing on your mortgage (up to $1,000,000)
- Affordable premiums as a result of group rates
How it works:
- Your premium is based on your age when you apply and doesn’t increase
- Your insurance can match the balance owing on your mortgage
- Your premium will be collected at the same time as your mortgage payment; First National forwards your premium to the insurer
To apply, you must be under the age of 65, a resident of Canada*, with a mortgage of less than $1,000,000.
*You must be a resident of Canada for income tax purposes, in accordance with Income Tax Folio S5-F1-C1, Determining an Individual’s Residence Status
Read the brochure to learn more about the plan, calculate your monthly premiums and get answers to frequently asked questions.
*Plan is not available through this website to customers in Quebec. For information about Credit Security Plan life insurance in Quebec, please contact First National Financial LP to request a brochure regarding the Plan in that province.