Why invest in First National
Canadians value housing and need mortgage financing to achieve this goal as a result of this demand.
The Canadian mortgage market is now valued at over $1.1 trillion. By providing mortgages, First National plays a crucial role in meeting this important need across single family residential and commercial mortgage segments. By dedicating ourselves
to service and maximizing the use of technology, the First National can effectively provide financing across Canada. This business model capitalizes on these efficiencies to earn a solid return to shareholders.
We do so from a position of strength.
- We are one of Canada’s largest non-bank mortgage originator and underwriter. Our size, national presence and focus on mortgage financing provide us with the expertise to attract and retain business.
- Our proprietary technologies help us serve the market effectively. MERLIN™, Canada’s first online mortgage underwriting approval and tracking system and My Mortgage, our online personal mortgage management tool,
provide unparalleled service and responsiveness for mortgage brokers and borrowers respectively.
- Mortgage servicing is a significant source of stable and recurring income. Retained mortgage servicing is a key component of our strategy. Revenues are driven directly by the value of our Mortgages under Administration (MUA) which
surpassed $122 billion in 2021.
- Our underwriting practices are prudent and conservative. The vast majority of our MUA is insured and most of our MUA is funded through sources that result in no residual credit risk to First National.
- We maintain diverse and flexible funding sources. From institutional placements to a variety of securitization programs, our funding model delivers cost-effective mortgage financing over a range of market conditions.
- Our team is proven and highly invested. Members of our executive management team have, on average, more than 30 years of experience in secured lending and are fellow shareholders in the business.
There are two ways to invest with us:
The information on this site may contain forward-looking information that is subject to risks and uncertainties. Before investing, we recommend you review First National’s filings with securities administrators. This material is for information
purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy securities.